Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chicago

After much debating (I had never spent the night away from Luke), I decided to tag along with Vic to Chicago for a few days before he had a conference for work. I missed Luke, but it was so wonderful to get away by ourselves, you definitely don't appreciate time alone until you have a child and never get any!! We left Luke with my parents and I was in Chicago for 3 nights, then Vic stayed the rest of the week while I came home and stayed with my parents and then Vic's parents. A special thanks to my parents for watching Luke, he is getting to be a handful!! Vic and I had so much fun doing whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted....without changing diapers, worrying about naps or bedtime! We had a great time and enjoyed just spending time together :-) Here are some pictures.
Taking a sunset cruise off Navy Pier on Lake Michigan, it was beautiful and SO relaxing!
This is at the Shedd aquarium....I was so proud of myself for actually capturing the dolphins in the air on camera during the dolphin show
At ESPN zone, you can eat dinner in recliners with tables attached while watching multiple sporting events on various tv's in front of you, it was awesome! But the coolest part of the ESPN zone is the......

TV in each stall of the BATHROOM! You can keep up with the game no matter where you are :-) I made Vic go in the bathroom and get this picture.




In front of the museum of science & industry. Vic and I are of course science nerds, but I think anyone would enjoy this museum. Vic's favorite was being able to answer all of the questions during the DNA demonstration :-) I had to tell him that just because he has a PhD doesn't mean he had to answer all the questions!!

Vic on the tractor inside the museum

No comments: