Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 1st birthday Luke!

Wow, well I cannot believe that this time last year we were holding Luke in our arms and he was only a couple hours old. This has been the best year of my life, and it has gone by way too fast. It has been so amazing to see Luke grow and change this year. He is such a great little boy, and I feel so blessed to have him. I love how he gets so excited each morning when he wakes up, he actually jumps up and down in his crib with a huge smile on his face every morning, what a wonderful way to start my day! I love to see him investigate and try new things, and the look on his face he gets when he has successfully accomplished something. I love that he stops in his tracks when daddy walks in the door at the end of the day from work and crawls straight towards him. Most of all, I just love being his mommy and getting to experience loving someone so much and knowing that even though Luke can't tell me, he loves me too.
Today was a very fun and special day, we celebrated Luke's first birthday today with our families and a few close friends. It was so much fun, it is amazing how only 5 children can feel like you have about 30 people in your house!! They had fun just playing with toys and getting to eat yummy cake and icecream :-)
Luke enjoying his birthday cake!
Luke had enough of the cake!

Luke opening all of his presents from the family....wow, where will all of these new toys go?


Friends playing at the party


Luke riding in his new cozy coupe from mommy and daddy


Luke trying out his John Deere wagon from grandma and granddad



Luke trying out his lawnmower from Nana and Pawpaw



Luke crawling through his tunnel, how fun!

3 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

So are you trying to say that this past year with Luke was even better than your years in college when you got to see me all the time?

~ Chris

Rebecca and Vic said...

That's a tough call Chris, but I think this year would win :-) I'm sure you would say the same about these past 2 years you have had with Noelle!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Luke! We had so much fun celebrating with you yesterday. Thanks for letting us be a part of your life. We love you!
-from all The Whites, even Ryan :)