Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sock Puppets

Since Luke is approaching two and spends most of his time doing one of a couple activities - either banging on something or climbing on something - I decided maybe we should start trying some more directed activities. This is difficult because he eats everything (crayons, playdough) so I thought today we would try some more crafty things. So we went to hobby lobby and bought some craft materials and got to work. Today's activity was sock puppets! While I was in charge of the glue, Luke did help pick out colors and materials. He thought it was very funny to try them on afterwards, for about 2 minutes, then he decided the puppets actually serve a better purpose - something to wipe his nose on. Had I known this, I would have saved myself some time and money and given him some kleenex to play with :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute and what a great idea. Maybe we should try a craft time with the boys together! I'm sure that would go smoothly :)

Jodi said...

Very crafty! I'm impressed! The most craftiness I get out of Mark is a few crayon scribbles on paper and some stickers.