Saturday, July 25, 2009

Baby Abigail

I had my 32 week check-up this week and I had quite a surprise (and not the good kind) at the doctor. I saw a different doctor in the practice, and as he was looking over my chart, he looked at the information sent over from my 20 week ultrasound (which was done at a different location) and asked if I knew what I was having. I of course replied that I am having a girl....I knew something was wrong when he didn't respond and just paused looking at my chart. Then he told me the doctor's office had written "male".....to which I screamed "BUT THEY TOLD ME I AM HAVING A GIRL!!!". I really hope I didn't scream that, but I think I did say it rather loudly. He assured me they would call and that it was probably just a typo (what kind of typo is that??!!). When he left the room to ask one of the nurses to call, Peaches, the wonderful woman who does ultrasounds in my doctor's office (yes, that's really her name) overheard and said she would do a scan immediately to check things out. So, Peaches saved me from a complete breakdown when she checked and confirmed that we are indeed still having Abigail. I think Peaches was as relieved as I was because I warned her that I was going to cry if it was a boy instead. While I would love another boy, I have had my heart set on a girl for almost 3 months now since finding out, and a room painted and ready for a little girl! And once I got the girl conrfirmation, Peaches even took the time to get some cute pictures of Abigail's face, and it was so exciting to see my baby girl!!! I can't wait to meet her soon and this just made me all the more excited :-)

3 comments:

The Hadley's said...

Holy cow!!! They're lucky you didn't go into early labor. I'm glad Peaches comfirmed that Abigail is still a girl.

Unknown said...

Too bad - I was hoping you would give me that closet full of girl clothes :) Just kidding! I'm really relieved that it's still Abigail!

Susanne said...

I know you were relieved!! Abigail is such a pretty name. I'm so excited for you guys! The kids and I are planning on being at church on August 16th, so hopefully we'll see you then.