Monday, January 19, 2009

Trip to see my college roomie

This weekend, we took our first long road trip with Luke to Abilene. Vic and I had never been there and that is where my college roommate Sarah lives. I have been so blessed to still be friends with Sarah and her husband Chris even though we don't live very close, and they have made trips down to Houston and seen us several times. So, it was long past due for us to see where they have been living for the last 6 years! We had a great time, their daughter Noelle is a year older than Luke, and I think they really had fun playing together. They mainly played in Noelle's kitchen and with her puzzles, we also took them to a couple really great parks. Thanks Sarah and Chris for giving us your weekend, for the wonderful meals and your friendship. We really enjoyed getting to see where you live and had so much fun just hanging out with our families together, we will definitely make the trip back sometime! Here are some pictures of Luke and Noelle.

Luke and Noelle on the slide at the park


Sarah and me with the kids




They both liked swinging, Noelle especially liked to be pushed really high!
Noelle flying the airplane, isn't she adorable?

Luke looks innocent in this picture, but he was in fact continually pulling Noelle's hair. Typical boy!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a good trip. I was praying that the long car ride would go well. Those are really cute pictures!

Jodi said...

Looks like fun! I especially like the pic with the man in the background in a cowboy hat at the park! Ahh...reminds me of home!