Saturday, January 24, 2009

Luke's first haircut

If you could even call it that.....it was more like 2 snips around his ears!! While I wasn't ready to cut off all of Luke's curls in the back, he definitely needed a little trim. So, I took him to my hairdresser, DeeDee, and thought Luke would be perfectly happy to have his hair cut.....I was wrong. This picture pretty much sums up the experience!





Luke was happy at first to sit in the chair and DeeDee gave him his own comb to hold, which he used of course to comb his own hair :-)
Then, DeeDee came near him with the scissors and that was the end of the fun. I really wasn't expecting Luke to be so upset about all of this, but he kept bending down so that DeeDee couldn't come near him! She was so patient, she tried everything to try to keep him happy, but nothing worked....

Not even when mommy tried holding him!

The only thing that made Luke happy was for the haircut to end and to have some juice :-)

We'll try again in a few months and hope that Luke's hairdoesn't become too shaggy before then!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're lucky you made it this long without one. Sterling's had 4 or 5. I love the first picture with the sad face! He looks so cute

Jodi said...

Oh so funny! So unlike Mark, who cries while I get my hair cut because he's too impatient waiting for his turn!

Susanne said...

You should try Snippets...and ask for Bertha. She's SO good at cutting little kids' hair. I don't know how she does it with them moving around like they do. Ethan doesn't even mind going now.