Monday, February 9, 2009

19 month update

Things have been a little slow lately, hence my lack of blogging. Luke came down with a nasty virus about a week and a half ago, which the doctor said was not the flu, but"flu-like" and that Luke looked worse than the kids he had seen with the flu, poor boy! It took a whole week for him to return to his normal self during which he was doing lots of cartoon watching. Fortunately, Luke is back to his active self, thank goodness, I was afraid Luke was turning into a cartoon junkie! Luke turned 19 months old last week, so I thought I would give an update on what he is doing these days. The main change I have seen in the last month or so has been his vocabulary, he went from saying about 5 words to about 20 in a flash. Some of my most recent favorites are "cookie", "cracker", (can you tell Luke likes to eat?) and "bubbles". He still loves playing with all of his toys and really loves to go outside. Here are some pictures of him playing :-)
One of Luke's very favorite activities.....leaf collecting! He can spend hours picking up leaves! Who needs a swingset in the backyard when you have leaves?

Luke has definitely decided he is getting too old for his highchair and eats most of his meals at his own little table. He does pretty well, but I think he likes the freedom to eat, play, then eat and play, etc.....


Luke still loves cooking in his kitchen!




And he also loves his power wheels, and an added bonus - it has a compartment to keep snacks in!

3 comments:

Susanne said...

Hey...I found your blog through Cindy's blog! Luke is so cute! Leaves are better than dried worms. :) That's what Ethan and Brady were playing with the other day.

Unknown said...

I love the picture of him at his table. He looks like such a big boy. Our babies aren't babies anymore!

Jodi said...

Sorry Luke has been sick, but I'm so glad he's feeling better. Mark has been sick since Christmas, and I think may finally be better. And see, I told you not to worry about his vocabulary! Hope to see you guys at the zoo next week, doesn't that sound so much more fun than bible study??