Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fun Preparing for Abigail!

Well, I only have a little over 5 weeks to go before Abigail arrives (I would take a few days early too!), and in the last couple weeks, my wonderful friends have blessed me with some fun activities and lots of girly gear :-) Last week, a few of my closest friends from around the houston area met up for a dinner out (without the kids, it was great to have adult conversation!) and we had a great time catching up and celebrating Abigail's upcoming arrival. Here are some pictures from that evening...


I even got to have my favorite cake (strawberry) after a yummy dinner, and it was appropriately pink!


These were cute baskets made for our boys when our new babies arrive soon, we don't want them to be left out! (Thanks Kristy!)





Then yesterday, the sweet girls in our sunday school class surprised me with a shower at our playgroup. It was truly a surprise, which they pulled off by making me think no one was actually coming (since I am the one that organizes it) and it was truly a shock. I have never had a surprise like that before and it was so much fun. Thanks girls, it made me feel so special and we are so blessed to have a wonderful church family that encourages and supports us. Abigail is looking forward to meeting all her little friends :-) Here are a few pictures from this too....


This was right after I walked in


I had a wonderful little helper to help open the gifts, I hope my baby girl is as much of a help as Faith is!

Are these not the cutest cupcakes you have ever seen? Kristy made these, and though she will not admit to being a professional, I think she is!! And they tasted as yummy as they look :-)



All of this has just made me even more excited to realize that Abigail will be here soon!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I'm glad the surprise turned out so well!

Unknown said...

Holy Cow, I can't believe Abby will be there so soon!! I'm so excited for you, let me know if you need anything.

Cindy said...

It is so much fun to celebrate Abigail... and y'all too.

Oh an it might be time to update the side picture of Luke on the blog.